UAE-Bahrain Trade Returning To Pre-coronavirus Levels

Bahrain's trade for the first half of the year reached $10.4bn globally, down 2% on 2019

Trade between the UAE and Bahrain has returned to levels not seen since before the Covid-19 pandemic, with new figures revealing $936 million in bi-lateral commerce during the first half of the year.

June's figures showed the positive economic impact of support measures on the economies of both countries, with trade returning to $139.6 million – the highest levels since coronavirus struck the region in March this year.

The recent reopening of the King Fahd Causeway to transit traffic is expected to further boost trade numbers in the latter half of the year.

According to the new figures, Bahrain's overall trade for the year-half reached $10.4 billion globally, including $2.9 billion to other GCC nations.

Bahrain's overall trade for the year-half reached $10.4 billion globally

Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the kingdom's overall global trade figures during H1 reduced by just two percent.

Exports to the GCC over the first half of the year represented 66 percent of the total figure, while imports to the kingdom from the rest of the GCC represented 34 percent of Bahrain's bilateral trade.

Real news, real analysis and real insight have real value – especially at a time like this. Unlimited access can be unlocked for as little as $4.75 per month. Click here for more details.

BNY Mellon Lands A Big Ally For Expansion In Saudi Arabia

NCB Capital is the kingdom's biggest asset manager and investment bank Read more

Coronavirus, Low Oil Prices Set To Speed Up Gulf Bank Mergers

Moody's Investors Service says financial concerns in the region will play a larger role in encouraging deals Read more

Abu Dhabi Fund Buys $750m Stake In Retail Arm Of Indian Giant Reliance

Subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority will buy a 1.2% stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Read more

How The Lebanese Private Sector Is Coping In The Eye Of A Storm

Businesses extremely pessimistic about future as layoffs continue and wages plummet Read more

Lebanese Pound: The Most Undervalued Currency In The World

As political and economy chaos ensues, leading analyst says exchange rate needs sorting 'as soon as possible' Read more

How Coronavirus Is Changing Banking For The Better

Redefining finance for good: Virtual CXO Forum to take place on October 7 Read more